I Love You Because Of and In Spite Of

I love you because you are stubborn as a mule, hard headed as a rock and have the heart of a lion.

I love you because you accept me. All of me. Without judgment.

I love you because of your generosity of heart, your kindness, and your loyalty.

I love you because you bring me coffee in bed and can make it to my liking better than I can.

I love you in spite of how different we are from one another.

I love you because you have opened my eyes, my heart and my mind. You have been a gift to me.

I love you because you always, always, always, greet me with a smile. No matter how you feel. No matter what kind of day you have had.

I love you because you allow me to love you.

I love you because you see the world as a glass half full and yours for the taking.

I love you in spite of your jealousy.

I love you because of your crystal clear, intelligent eyes that sparkle when you are happy and darken when you are not.

I love you because of your sense of humor, whether it’s that of a five year old boy or a 40 year old man.

I love you in spite of your brooding.

I love you because the sound of your voice is like home to me.

I love you because you have given me more than you will ever know. More than I could ever aptly express.

I love you because with you I am fully “me” and you are fully “you”.

I love you in spite of you loving me.

I love you because you are you.

3 comments:

  1. I think this sums up love so well. It's not just the amazing things like the coffee - love that part! It's the other things as well. The things that might get in the way of love or even like. The "in spite of" lines are always present in love later, once things have cooled from PASSION! to simple love and lust. :::grin::: There are many things that go into loving someone and I think that you've hit the nail on the proverbial head with this piece. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really lightened up my day, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete